Harold's Angels

Pink is now our favorite color!

Monday, October 01, 2007

In the homestretch

"I do not want to talk about what you understand about this world. I want to know what you will do about it. I do not want to know what you hope. I want to know what you will work for. I do not want your sympathy for the needs of humanity. I want your muscle. As the wagon driver said when they came to a long, hard hill, “Them that’s going on with us, get out and push. Them that ain’t, get out of the way.”
Robert Fulgum

That was a quote our Komen director shared with us recently. Thank you to all of you for getting out and pushing. We could not have done this without all of you. We have met our team fundraising goal and as of today Komen has met their goal also. There has been a little over $415,000 raised for the Charlotte race. Great job!

Thank you to our most recent donor, Lanier and Scott. Also welcome to another team member, Kim B.

If you signed up for the race (or know anyone that did) after the September 14th team deadline, please let me know if they want to be part of the team. We have a few extra t-shirts ordered and I'd like to get them one. I hope (keep your fingers crossed) to have the shirts no later than tomorrow.

I'll have race day details posted on the site later this week. We can't wait to see all of you on race day.

P.S. Anyone that has a few extra hours on Friday night, please let me know. The race committee could really use your help setting up on Friday night (mainly tables/chairs).

Last, but definitely not least.....Thanks to Phil and Harold for volunteering to help me go get fruit this Friday for race day!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

View My Stats